Wednesday 9 November 2011

My first Halloween

What an adventure I've had recently! Let me tell you all about it. Halloween is on 31st October. Children, bears, and some adults dress up in scary costumes and go trick or treating to get sweets. Free sweets! Is there anything better? Somebody told me that I'd be just as surprised when Christmas comes in December. I'm not sure what could top free sweets.

Here I am in my fancy dress. It was quite difficult to find a fancy dress costume small enough so I wore a flashing pumpkin necklace.



I went trick or treating with a ghost, witch, werewolf, and vampire. They looked quite frightening but they were actually sweet children underneath the masks and make-up. They taught me how to trick or treat. You knock on a door, say trick or treat and hold out your bag for sweets. I got chocolates, lollipops, fizzy sweets, gummy sweets, and even some biscuits. My tummy was so full! I did manage to save some sweets for the next day. In fact, I still have half of my sweets left. I have to remember to brush my teeth very very well so I don't get cavities. Here is a photo of us just before we started trick or treating...



I almost forgot about the pumpkin carving we did. We cut the top of the pumpkin off and scooped out all the gooey insides. It was really squishy and messy but lots of fun. We saved the pumpkin seeds and roasted them in the oven. Yum Yum. Pumpkin seeds are my favourite snack now. We carefully used a pen to draw faces on the pumpkins then the adults helped us carve them. Take a look at our pumpkins. Can you guess which one I carved?



I give Halloween two big bear thumbs up!

On Saturday, I am off on my next adventure to Japan! I'm so excited to be able to ride in an airplane. Stay tuned to hear all about it.

Lots of love

Cam Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment