Sunday 4 December 2011

Cow Festival in Matsusaka






Hi, I went to Ushimatsuri in Matsusaka last weekend!  Ushi means cow and matsuri means festival in Japanese, I learned.  Matsusaka-ushi (cow) is a famous brand beef in Japan.
Kiyoka has showed me around the venue and we have tried some tasty festival food.  Festival food in Japan is awesome.  There were a variety of sweets and savory food - I tried BBQ Beef and Banana Crepe.
Later, I went to see the exhibition where Matsusaka cows are being auctioned and learned a lot about cows.
Average size of a cow of 2 years old; weighs approximately 633kg, approx.226cm in body length, approx.131cm in height and chest measurement is approx. 221cm, can you imagine how big they are compared to me?!  Since I was not allowed to go close to the real cow, I took a photograph near the poster.
It's time for bed now, I will be visiting Mao&Kiyoka's mother, Hanna's work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment