Friday 30 December 2011

Jingu (Shrine) Photos

Hi, friends!  I am going to write about my trip to Ise Jingu (Ise Grand Shrine).
I came to the shrine with Geater's upon my arrival to Ise, but it was too stormy to take any photographs then.

It was really nice and sunny today and Hanna's friend was visiting from Sydney, Australia, so we decided to go to the shrine after having sushi feast!

Majority of Japanese people visit shrines and temples in Oshogatsu (New Year Celebration) to pray for coming year to be prosperous.  It seemed already busy even though there are 2 more days until the new year's day.




I wonder what Mao and Kiyoka were praying for...Sweets and toys maybe?

How are you spending your winter holiday in UK?

1 comment:

  1. To Cam Bear + everyone.
    Happy new year! We celebrated our new year with my friend's family. We had fun! Thank you for the lovely sunny photos of the shrine. It's a shame we went there when it was raining. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete